sábado, 14 de junio de 2008

Present Perfect 1

1.-we form the Present Perfect using the present tense of have + a participle:

Positive

Full Form

I/you have arrived
He/she/it has arrived
we/you/they have arrived

Short Form

I've arrived
he's arrived
we've arrived


Negative

Full Form

I/you have not arrived
he/she/it has not arrived
we/you/they have not arrived

Short Form

I /you haven't
she/he/it hasn't
we/you/they haven't

Questionns

Have I/you arrived?
Has he/she/it arrived?
Have we/you/they arrived?


2.-Regular past participles ending ed or d:

Many past participles are irregular:

Buy ---> bought go ---> gone
make ---> made

3.- we use the Present Perfect:


---> to talk about recent actions:


At 18.00, Anne arrived home
At 18.01, we can say:

Anne has arrived home.



From 18.30 to 19.00. Anne ate her dinner.
At 19.01, we can say:

She's eaten her dinner

---> to talk about our lives:


I've sailed across the atlantic.



I've seen gorillaz in Africa.
I haven't danced the Flamenco.




4.- when we ask people about their lives, we often use ever ( = at the time):

Have you ever been to Australia?

When people talk about their lives, they sometimes use never ( = not at any time):

I've never learnt French.


Note: that ever and never come before the past participle





1 comentario:

Mariano de Toledo dijo...

Hola amigo, te escribo rapidito, son las 7.00 am y ya comenzó mi jornada de trabajo.

Un fuerte abrazo y nos vemos este Sábado…te quiero mucho…