miércoles, 21 de mayo de 2008

Past Continuous

- We form the Past Continuous like this:


Positive

I/he/she/it ---> was
----> waiting
You/we/they ---> were


Negative Full Form

I/he/she/he/it ---> was not waiting
You/we/they ---> were not waiting
Short Form
I/he/she/it ---> wasn't waiting
You/we/they ---> weren't waiting

Questions

Was I/he/she/it
----> waiting?
Were You/we/they

2.- Look at this example: A: What were you doing at seven o' clock last night?
B: I was driving h
ome from work

Driving
-------------------->

6.30 7.00 7.15


I was living in Japan in 2001. ( I lived there from 1999 to 2003)


We use the Past Continuous for an action or situation that was in progress at a particular time
in the past ( e.g. at seven p.m., in 2001).

3.- Now look at this:


When Mary arrived, we were having dinner.


We use the Past Simple (arrived) for a completed action. We use Past Continuous
( were having) for an action in progress in the past.

4.- We can use when/while before the Past Continuous:

I met her when/while we were working for the same company. (when = during the time)

We can only use when ( not while) before the Past Simple:

When I met her, we were working for the same company. (when = at the time)



These songs were dedicated for my friend Mariano



1 comentario:

Mariano de Toledo dijo...

Aquel día en aquella plaza en donde los niños jugaban en el parque y los autos pasaban cada uno con un destino concreto, yo sentado ahí estaba en un escaño mientras sentía que mi vida se escapaba, de pronto vi a un ángel, mi primera impresión ¡¡¡HO!!! veo un ángel, que aura, que luz, entonces pensé que solo era una imagen proyectada por mi cabeza.

Mientras pasaban los segundos tu figura se hacia mas clara y si!!!, eras tu, un perfecto desconocido de carne y hueso.

Desde ese minuto me entregaste paz, calmaste mi angustiado corazón y mitigaste mi patológico dolor.

Desde ese momento nació una bella conexión, los mejores amigos, uno ayudando al otro.

Me faltara tiempo para agradecer tu paciencia, aguantar mis manías.

Hoy me siento mejor, sigamos construyendo para ser los mejores, es nuestro derecho, nuestro deber.

Amigo, mi familia, mi pareja y tú son los motores que me mueven e iluminan las mañanas grises de este gélido invierno y el de mi corazón.

Te quiero…