lunes, 24 de marzo de 2008

Present Simple (1)

1.- We form the Present Simple like this:

Positive

Singular I Know
you know
she/he/ it knows

Plural we know
you know
they know


I know the answer.
She stars work at 9.30.


* We add -s after he/she/it:

I start --> he stars I live --> She lives

* If a verb ends in -ch, -o, -sh or -ss we add -es after he/she/it:

I watch --> he watches you do --> she does
they go --> it goes we wash --> she washes

*If a verb ends in a consonant (b, c, etc.) + y (e.g. study), we use -ies after he/she/it:

I study --> he studies I fly --> it flies

2.- Now look at these examples of the negative:

I don't like that music.
He doesn't listen to his teacher

Negative

Full Form

I do not know
you do not know
he/she/it does not know
we do not know
you do not know
they do not know

Short form

I don't know
you don't know
he doesn't know
we don't know
you don't know
they don't know

* Note that we say:

He does not know. (NOT He does not knows)

3.- We use the Present Simple:

--> to talk about things that happen regurlarly:

He plays golf every day.

--> to talk about facts:

She comes from France. (= she is French)

Greengrocers sell vegetables.

I don't speak Chinese

1 comentario:

Mariano de Toledo dijo...

Hola Jonathan, acá estoy muy enfermo pero sigo aperrando, la verdad es que esta larga jornada me tiene de mal humor. ¿Como lo haces tu para estar siempre de animo?.

Ya amigo te cuidas mucho, nos vemos en estos días, un abrazo…